THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN BEING PART OF THE 2020 GHS ALUMNI ART SHOW AT STEWART GALLERY!
In 2020, there will be an exhibition featuring the artwork of practicing artists who attended Grinnell Newburg High School. The artwork will be on display at the Grinnell Area Arts Council’s Stewart Gallery (formerly Stewart Library). A reception will be held July 2, the night before the All Year Reunion begins.
We hope to get submissions from as many classes as possible, and to display a wide variety of media. Attempts will be made to include at least 1 piece from each artist but you may submit up to 3 pieces. We urge you to submit early!
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
· There are no fees for submitting your artwork, but you will be responsible for hand delivery or shipment of work to and from gallery.
· Artwork will be insured while on premises so please provide an insurance value even if your work is not for sale.
· Wall hung artwork must be wired with D-rings or eyelet screws. NO sawtooth hangers. If your work has alternate means of installation, this must be explained at the time of submission.
· The Grinnell Area Arts Council takes a 30% commission on sales, but your work does not need to be for sale. Please remember to take the commission into account when pricing your work.
· Work should have been completed within the last 5 years
· There are no restrictions for type of media. Work must be original not giclee or print, with the exception of photography or printmaking.
· 3D work must not exceed 50 lbs in weight. 2D work larger than 5’ in any dimension will be considered but artwork 4’ or less in scale is more likely to be accepted for inclusion.
· All work will be juried by the digital photos submitted so please take care to document your work well
· A copy of your submission will be emailed to you after completion of Google Form (see link)
· Deadline for submission: April 1, 2020
· Notification of acceptance: by May 1, 2020
· Delivery dates & instructions to be provided after acceptance
· Opening reception: July 2, 2020 4-6pm
· Pickup dates & instructions to be provided after acceptance
Please contact Sara Peak Convery at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions not covered in the Important things to note section above.