- Old 100% wool sweater
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Miscellaneous materials like pom-poms, felt, fabric scraps
- Pre-wash the wool sweaters in hot water and dry in the dryer. This will significantly shrink them as well as felt them.
- Cut off a rectangle of the felted sweater.
- Fold the rectangle in half to make a pocket.
- Glue the sides of the pocket, leaving the top open.
- With the rest of the sweater, cut into strips.
- Glue the strips together by ends to make a longer strip.
- Glue each end of the strip to the back of the pocket. This is the strap.
- On the top side of the pocket use glue to attach decorations. We made little raccoon faces and even a tail on one, which we attached to the back of the purse.
- Instead of cutting a rectangle, cut off a ring of the sleeve. This way, you only need to glue the bottom.
- Adjust the strap by cutting the felt strip to any desired length before gluing.